[Asterisk-biz] Fax Services

Andrew Sumner andrew at paratexmedical.com
Wed Sep 21 13:50:17 MST 2005

I am not sure of the merits of the litigation between  j2 Global
Communications, Inc and callwave I have also looked at the patent
documentation
US Patent No. 6,350,066.

I also read that Callwave is defending its position.

Just a note concerning our service, we are providing T30 hence unlike the
patent says it is not fax to pc via an email, he email is a backup service.
The fact is it is Plain old fax machine to fax machine. with file transfer
to providers merely a service to use the concept of least cost routing.

All the other services are concentrated on how the fax is created, and its
format is not Tiff f, When the fax is delivered it is delivered G3 standard
fax.

Regards

Andrew