[Asterisk-biz] Caller ID name propagation

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sun Sep 18 07:30:45 MST 2005

My daughter in Austin TX got a TV/phone/internet bundle from the cable
company 8 days ago. So far I still get the name of the previous
subscriber. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for new CNAM
to propagate. She got an unlimited calling package so I have her calling
3 different DID's every day. I have an extension for this purpose:

exten => 14,1,Wait(1)
exten => 14,2,SayPhonetic(${CALLERIDNAME})
exten => 14,3,Wait(1)
exten => 14,4,SayDigits(${CALLERIDNUM})
exten => 14,5,Hangup

I also have one using phpagi and tts but it needs some intuitive logic
added to deal with unpronounceable names.