[Asterisk-biz] Caller ID name propagation

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Sat Sep 17 10:33:15 MST 2005

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Paul wrote:

> Can anybody here shed light on the database propagation issue? Once a
> RBOC changes the database, how long should it normally take for other
> CLECs to be using that data?
It should take 0. CLECs are not supposed to cache results of CNAM lookups.
(according terms of service of people who run CNAM databases). However,
most CLECs do anyway, since CNAM lookup costs money.

Usually the cache is set to 24 hours, but I can imagine someone setting it
to infinity by mistake...

-alex