[Asterisk-biz] Forward IP Integration for entire Building

Kenneth Shaw ken at expitrans.com
Wed Sep 7 10:19:50 MST 2005

This is slighty off-topic.

We're moving into a new office building. The property owners have
expressed interest in consolidating all the phone lines / internet lines
and selling net access on a per square foot basis to the building's
tenants as well as offering termination and origination. They want us to
put it in.

What we're looking to do is put in channel banks, and an couple network
routers, and do all the managment with Linux, Asterisk, Zebra, etc. over
one DS3 we will be installing. The goal is to move all communication to
IP based lines.

We need help gathering information from anyone with any prior experience
in this type of situation. Specifically, we need help finding the right
hardware vendors / prices, determining any logisistical issues (size,
heat, capacity, etc.).

There are approximately 100 employees in the building across 10
different offices over 30,000 square feet and about 125 phone lines. For
the offices that want to update their phone system, we will deploy VoIP
phones where we can. Right now, from talking to the tenants, we think we
will be able to move about 25% of those lines to IP (about 30 or so)
which would mean that 95 lines would still need dialtone provided
onsite.

If you would like to help us on this matter, there is of course the
possibility for future business between our company and yours, as we
plan on doing this mulitple times.

--
Kenneth Shaw
Director of Technology