[Asterisk-biz] Linksys PAP2 behind NAT

Waldo Rubinstein waldo at trianet.net
Tue Sep 6 14:46:47 MST 2005

I am using about 50 PAP2 behind a NAT to connect to an Asterisk
server behind a different NAT with no problems and no NAT helpers.

I have in sip.conf
canreinvite=yes
nat=route

Then follow the NAT configuration settings in the PAP2's web
configuration. If I recall correctly, this is what you need to do:
1) Make sure to login with Admin rights (click Admin Login on upper
right)
2) Click on Line 1
3) Click on Advanced View
4) Click on SIP
5) Under the "NAT Support Parameters" section, make sure to have the
following values:

Handle VIA received: Yes
Handle VIA rport: Yes
Insert VIA received: Yes
Insert VIA rport: Yes
Substitute VIA Addr: No
Send Resp To Src Port: No
STUN Enable: No
STUN Test Enable: No
STUN Server:
EXT IP:
EXT RTP Port Min:
NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 15

6) Click on Save Settings and wait for router to reboot
7) Click on Line 1
8) Under the "NAT Settings" section, make sure to have the following
values:

NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
NAT Keep Alive Enable: Yes
NAT Keep Alive Msg: $NOTIFY
NAT Keep Alive Dest: $PROXY

9) Click on Save Settings and wait for router to reboot
10) Repeat steps 7-9 for Line 2, if applicable

Note, these settings work for me. Also, note that this information
only refers to the NAT configuration and not the SIP settings.

Hope this helps.

Waldo