[Asterisk-biz] First Day On List

Brian P Wolfe brianpwolfe at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 13:42:56 MST 2005

This is my first day on the list, and there is so much
drama.  It is actually quite amusing.  However I do
have a question.

I am a consultant and I was looking at Asterisk for
fun.  However, while working on it, the product seemed
to have a lot going for it.  I could see a potentially
huge market for services related to installations,
conversions, and custom programming.

I have never worked very much with the telecom
industry, but I joined this list to see if there was a
viable market for a small business.

What are some of your thoughts?  Do you see big
corporations using Asterisk in the future? (Like
Linux)  Do you see this project as the de-facto
standard for telecom projects?  (Like JBOSS with J2EE)
 Who are the competitors?  Could you build a small
consulting group around Asterisk?  Or is the demand
not there.  And if not, when if ever will it be here?

As I mentioned earlier..  I do not know much about the
telecom industry, and would love any feedback.

Thanks,
Brian