[Asterisk-biz] Astersisk dedicated server hosting in USA

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Thu Sep 1 17:48:23 MST 2005

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

>On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Carlos A Maimone @ GAUSS wrote:
>

>>I am just looking for good asterisk dedicated server hosting services
>>within the US. Any recommendation?
>>

>There's no such thing as "asterisk dedicated server" - dedicated servers
>are as a rule, unmanaged. You can install asterisk yourself. There's
>nobody I know that provides managed asterisk services.
>

>However, there are a number of providers (such as ourselves) who provide
>dedicated servers and can provide termination and origination bundled,
>delivered via local IP connection, or delivered via TDM.
>
>Please see our price list on www.pilosoft.com/dhostoptions.html

I can provide management and other services tailored to your needs for
servers located with a good provider like Alex. This sort of combination
is complementary rather than competitive. I would think that a managed
asterisk server package from a provider would just be something that
removes some of your freedom and control. Look at what "managed
dedicated servers" really means in the web hosting business and you wil
get the idea.