[Asterisk-biz] Ault Power Injectors - PW130

Adi Linden adil at adis.on.ca
Thu Oct 27 10:09:31 MST 2005

> > Just came across these "PW130 - Ault Power Injectors Comply with IEEE
> > 802.3af for Single-Port Power-over-Ethernet LAN. Will these work with
> > legacy Cisco gear such as 7905G or 7940G? I have an inexpensive Linksys
> > switch that provides 802.3af power and it will not work with Cisco even
> > with that "special" crossover cable.
>
> These are 'dumb' injectors, so yes, they will work to power Cisco phones
> using a crossover cable (where a true 802.3af power injector will not,
> unless it supports the Cisco pre-standard mode as well).

Intersting, the Ault news release about these states:

  "IEEE 802.3af-compliant PW130 units protect against power applied to a
  non-802.3af-compliant load. These units recognize proper power supply
  with intelligent signatures before enabling full output power. The PW130
  also protects against more than one power supply per cable, regardless
  of polarity. It provides current limiting, detects when the load is
  unplugged, resets its detection circuitry, protects against miswiring
  and automatically avoids power application to a non-compliant load
  device."

This is from this page <http://www.aultinc.com/news/detail.asp?aultID=59>

Adi