[Asterisk-biz] 911 discussion re-run

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Oct 27 09:55:01 MST 2005

sales department wrote:

> As a representative of Digium can you point Alistair and perhaps others on
> the list to a list of legal counsel who specializes in FCC with a
> concentration of 911 and VOIP issues?  It may actually be a good idea to
> post that list to the digium web site, maybe there is even an "partnership"
> opportunity with a firm that digium already deals with.

Digium has no relationships with any law firms that deal with this sort
of thing. While my posts are made wearing my "Digium" hat, that does not
imply that Digium is in a position to take any action in this situation.
We don't deal with anyone on this issue, since we are not a VOIP carrier.

I suspect that any list of counsel who can specialize in these issues is
very short at the moment, since this is such a new area. My best
suggestion would be to contact Nuvio, since they have been very involved
in this area and can refer you to the proper people at the FCC and other
places.