[Asterisk-biz] 911 discussion re-run

Brian C. Fertig brian at planet-telecom.com
Thu Oct 27 07:12:52 MST 2005

Its my understanding that any ITSP must comply with the US/Canada E911
regulatory service.  I don't know the new date as it was changed.  Since
not all ITSP's have control of roaming users they must have the user
understand that it may not work in some areas that they are going to be
located while roaming.  There are a few services out there that offer
this service that cover the country but mainly it must cover their home
address.  Also you have to give the user the ability to change their
address on record in realtime with minimal update time with the
databases.

Brian Fertig
Network/Systems Engineer
IT Administrator