[Asterisk-biz] Re: carrier blocking

Doug Meredith doug.meredith at skyridge.com
Wed Oct 26 05:26:28 MST 2005

trixter aka Bret McDanel <trixter at 0xdecafbad.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 19:31 -0600, Linsys wrote:
>Why not use a DNS tunnel, as has been proven capable of streaming audio.
>Basically the data is sent as DNS lookups and replies as the response.

Certainly I can see how you could use the DNS port for VoIP traffic,
but I think it would be very difficult (probably impossible) to
package the traffic as valid DNS requests and responses.  The first
approach would only work in cases where presumed DNS traffic was being
blindly passed with no analysis done.

Doug
--
Doug Meredith (doug.meredith at systemguard.com)