[Asterisk-biz] Digium Announces Highest Analog Density Card i n Open Source Telephony Market - 24-ports/card

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 12:43:14 MST 2005

 Ortronics part # OR-808004388
  This is an RJ21 to 1RU 24 port RJ45 solution. Provided the pin-out is RJ21
telco standard, this should be what you need to cross connect FXO/FXS to the
card once it's out. We used these on builds because then you could use a
uniform patching approach whether voice or data which allowed us to get away
from the spaghetti of bellcore pair style patches to 66 blocks which had
become so common on alot of the Avaya/Definity buildouts I'd seen
previously. If you want a panel that's RJ11 instead of RJ45, take a look at
OR-808004920
  Matthew, for your application to do RJ21 (TX and RX) off the muxes to RJ45
DS1 pins 1,2,4,5 - I've had to consult ebay as well as distributors for ADC
and the like wanted $2500+ for those distribution boxes new which was for
boxes that didn't even have the option to jack in with a t-berd. Those are
much harder to come by than the 2 wire applications above.
  You can contact Ron Bartke at Total Solutions Network
http://www.totalsolutionsnetwork.com/ for the above Otronics part #'s for
those that may be looking for it. Ron is great for finding obscure cabling /
network stuff you may be looking for with respect to any particular
application. I used his firm exclusively on equipment and cabling build outs
that I managed at my prior job.