[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk as a Voice Conference Server for upto 100 simultaneous users

Jeremy McNamara jj at nufone.net
Sun Oct 23 22:01:35 MST 2005

smbPBX wrote:

> Steve:
> Very impressive.
> Is app-conference standard in Asterisk?
> I couldn't find any reference to it in the documentation.
> Can you please post some more info how to use it, etc.
> Thanks,

It is not included with Asterisk because the author(s) of that code have
not disclaimed it for inclusion in Asterisk and/or Digium did not accept
it.  I am not privy to the exact details, but those are the only two
possibilities.

Search google using app_conference, then inquire with the authors on why
it is not distributed with Asterisk.

Jeremy McNamara