[Asterisk-biz] DIDx - are they charging per minute?

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Oct 21 23:01:30 MST 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 22:53 -0700, Thameem Ansari wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to buy large volume of UK and US DIDs from DIDx.org. As
> per their page, they only charge monthly and setup cost per DID.
> Does anybody know that they are charging for per minute usage basis?
> Thats not clear on their page....
>
> If I buy a DID and use it with my Asterisk, how much do i need to pay
> for that DID ?

That is hard to answer.  Basically if I have a block of DIDs I can sell
them on didx.  If you goto their main page and click billing you will
see they offer the service to the owner of the did to get paid by didx
for setup, monthlu and "per min charges".  It appears that its upto the
seller of the DID as to exactly what is charged.  Their page is not
exactly forthcoming with this information so its unclear exactly what
you would be charged.

The reality is that routing calls is not free, with VoIP the cost can
approach free but it will never be free.  When it comes to PSTN
interconnection there are other issues that come into play in addition
to the routing via the internet.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378