[Asterisk-biz] Any advise on replacing an existing analog installation with Asterisk

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Fri Oct 21 16:28:19 MST 2005

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, Saul Diaz wrote:

> MMMM 3 digiums cards in 1 machine + plus PBX?
>
> :D big machine.....
not rocket science. Every motherboard can handle 3 PCI cards, not rocket
science. As far as a load - since OP stated there are only 24 calls in
progress - only 48 concurrent channels will be used. It doesn't need to be
all that beefy hardware.

> tell the guy that will be less expensive buy the 200 phones and do the
> entire wiring that buy the 9 channel banks the 3 Quad cards and the
> machine or the array of machine to support that...
I beg to differ. Channel banks are a dime a dozen (500$ ish), quad cards
are 1500$ish list, complete setup 500*9+1500*3=9000$. Replacing phones
with IP phones is at least 125$ for not-completely-ghetto-phone each -
meaning at least 25k$ for the phones, not to mention necessary rewiring
from cat1 to cat5.

> Plz i wanna see the dial plan if u doit with channel banks... will be
> something memorable.
Again, not rocket science.