[Asterisk-biz] Recording System with Asterisk in Avaya Definity

stotaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Oct 15 20:16:44 MST 2005

You could just put an * server between the Avaya and the PSTN and use the monitor app.  I did this with a 3com system but it would work with any system if configured properly.

My setup
E1/T1 from PSTN ===> Asterisk box dual E1/T1 running monitor app ===>  3com NBX with single E1/T1 board.  You could easily substitute analog ports or stick a channel bank in there somewhere if needed.  With Digium's new firmware I understand that once the call is bridged between the PSTN and the 3com box, asterisk could be stopped or crash and the call would not be effected.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro