[Asterisk-biz] Difference Polycom IP600/IP601 for US & Europe?

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 13 04:53:35 MST 2005

Hi all,

I just received a note from an official Polycom distributor in The
Netherlands that the IP601 will not be available in Europe pending
certification for the European market. The interesting thing he noted
was that the IP601 will need to be converted for the European market.
Now I can imagine that the powerchord/brick needs to be suited for
220volts with a European prong but other than that I have no idea what
that conversion means. Does anyone know if they are trying to protect
their market by sort of suggesting that a US version of the IP601 will
not work in Europe? Anyone have any experience they like to share with
ordering e.g. an IP600 from the US and using it in Europe?

Thanks,
Patrick