[Asterisk-biz] Music on hold licensing

sales department sales at calleveryone.com
Wed Oct 12 06:55:09 MST 2005

on 10/12/05 9:08 AM, Mark Phillips at g7ltt at g7ltt.com wrote:

> Take a look in the window at your local hairdressers salon. They may
> have a sticker in their window stating that they are paying a licence
> fee. On the sticker are all the contact details.
>
> Alternatively buy some "royalty free" work from one of the many places
> on the net.

What we have done is to work with local musicians and put their music on our
hold system.  Today those musicians can even create their own lil tag line
and insert it at the end of each mp3.  The tag line usually says something
like who they are and where they can hear more or buy the music.

For us its a way to support local artists.

Anyways, just my $.02

<robb>