[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Wed Oct 12 00:40:04 MST 2005

Craig Guy wrote:

> You'll usually see these as being design patents.  I remember looking
> up a patent number on my garden hose sprayer once, it was a patent on
> the design itself or some such.
>
> Craig

Often they will patent something like the way the hinge clips to the top
of a cheap plastic beverage container. This type of thing was happening
long before software patents. They call it protection but it is really a
form of bullying the competitors. Anybosy with a molding machine can
turn out ice cube trays and cereal bowls.