[Asterisk-biz] Microsoft, Yahoo to link IM services

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Oct 11 22:59:23 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 01:40 -0400, Paul wrote:
> Interesting news because it mentions the google messenger and voice services.
>
> Microsoft, Yahoo to link IM services - Yahoo! News
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051012/bs_nm/microsoft_yahoo_dc

maybe I can finally drop one, although with bitlbee it doesnt matter
much.  However I do see a shift towards more voice services being
commonplace.  Ebay and google are going to push them hard on people.
Yahoo has had a voice type chat for years.  As people become more
comfortable with it it may see a larger market share in front of the
curtain (VoIP has had a large marketshare behind the scenes for a
while ...).

The only problem I can see with this is that some of the people running
IM type networks dont always have good servers/bandwidth to support
everything they try to do.  That makes an impression to many of poor
quality, why many people say VoIP isnt ready for primetime all the while
not knowing that they prolly have talked on a VoIP call and not known
it.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378