[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Oct 11 22:53:38 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 01:25 -0400, Paul wrote:
> trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
>

> >question, thus my comments about a 3rd party writing a compliant codec)
> >

> Let's assume that the algorithm used really deserved a patent. If you
> can come up with a different algorithm that will properly interact with
> a device using their algorithm, you can patent it and then put it under
> a free license.
>
> OTOH, maybe they really don't deserve a patent. But it is not a software
> patent they are standing on.

Why do you keep bringing up whether or not they deserve it?  That isnt
the issue I was talking about.  I was only talking about jurisdictions
where patents like theirs may not be enforcable.  That still has nothing
to do with deserving it or not, and you wont be able to convince me that
laws of one nation have anything to do with deserving something.  They
are seperate issues.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378