[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Mon Oct 10 22:00:25 MST 2005

On 10/11/05 12:37 trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com said the following:
> Ahh I see what you mean, instead of asterisk business edition and just
> asterisk use two totally seperate names.  That could cause more
> confusion than its worth, and cause potential trademark dissolution

actually, it's been done with staroffice/openoffice.org and
netscape/mozilla as well as sourcefire/snort[1]. in digium's case, perhaps
the renaming should be of the open source project and not their commercial
ABE version to reduce rebranding costs.

[1] sourcefire has just been acquired for US$225m by Checkpoint

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/