[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Oct 10 15:51:38 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 18:45 -0400, Paul wrote:
> What I was suggesting is that the trademarked name should not be used as
> the name of a gpl package if you want to control its usage by distros or
> individuals. I never heard of this before with gpl programs. You
> download foo.tar.gz and build foo. The distros produce foo.rpm and
> foo.deb packages.

Ahh I think I understand now.  That would be hard to enforce if you
release it gpled.  Trying to control the trademark that way would be
counter to the license, and if you sued becuase someone did that it
*might* cause you to lose your trademark (I dont know what would happen
I havent heard of a single case where that did happen with open souce).

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378