[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Sun Oct 9 18:10:24 MST 2005

On 10/10/05 01:17 Reid Forrest said the following:
> developing, funding, and releasing Asterisk. I think they deserve to profit
> from their work, and I will support them. If some on this list don't agree

as do many, through the purchase of TDM/TE4XXP cards. in reality, i think
we're still a long ways off from a pure VoIP network, and interconnect to
the TDM trunk networks (E1s, FXOs, FXSs) would still be needed for quite a
few years.

but if the licensing/trademark thing is going to prevent people from being
able to service a customer, then it would be difficult to support digium
financially by using the TDM and TE4XXP cards especially since some
customers need spandsp and H.323 together.

i can understand that digium is trying to practice a "Do No Evil" google
type of policy, but selective trademark enforcement and ambiguity in the
waiver is not enough. it needs to be clear what is allowed and what is not
allowed for third party ISVs and integrators to do to the source.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/