[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Sun Oct 9 10:08:40 MST 2005

> RIGHT ON!   None of these bastards would have the power of Asterisk to
> fork if Digium hadn't gave it to the world in the first place.

While I think the project could have been started in a more 'diplomatic'
way, I don't think calling people names is the right way to go.

Hopefully both Asterisk and OpenPBX can become successful projects.
Often competition can be seen detrimental at a micro-economic
perspective but  in fact benefits the industry as a whole.

Look at the competition between gnome and kde. It has led to TWO great
windows managers. There are many more examples, such as XFree86 / Xorg.

As an end user I hope both projects dyamically feed on one another so we
can get two stable, kickass PBXs.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.