[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sun Oct 9 06:54:26 MST 2005

Paul wrote:
> Matt Riddell wrote:
>
>> Well, that's enough on the topic for me...
>>
>> This is the Asterisk List and that product has ceased to be Asterisk.
>> I don't
>> see why Digium (who gave us all Asterisk) should have to pay for
>> advertising
>> for a group of people who sign contracts saying they won't do anything to
>> damage Digium and then proceed to do it anyway.
>>
>> I for one have built my business around a product Digium has given
>> me.  I'm
>> not about to turn around and stab them in the back.
>>

> Matt, if that is true(they signed such a contract) I have to agree with
> you. That would show a lack of integrity. I certainly don't see the
> Digium people doing anything to show a lack of integrity.
>
> Call me ancient and old fashioned but I still believe a person's
> integrity is of high importance. I know there are others here with the
> same values. It shows in the general tone of their posts over the last
> few months. I don't think we want to provide a forum for people of no
> integrity.

Indeed.

I'm probably coming across as more pissed off than I should be, but I've had
an unbelievable day filled with people doing things in business that you just
wouldn't do in a group of friends.

In both situations, nobody is probably doing anything illegal, but it's just
not _right_.

:)

All good.

--