[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Oct 8 16:54:11 MST 2005

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005 alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

[snip]

> releasing binaries containing asterisk. Yes, it is inconvenient. So work
> around it, via woomera/openh323 or other things that do not infringe on
> copyrights of authors.

Judging from who is involved w/ it, and the fact that it pretty much says
so in the roadmap, I believe that they intend to use Woomera and OpenH323
as well as a completely open SIP stack. Via Woomera, it is possible to do
IAX2 + H323 + SIP through a single driver, so it isn't a whole lot of
work. As a matter of fact, that code already existst from Anthem's
chan_woomera.

I also believe this will be a waste of time, but hey.. people have the
right to spend their time as they see fit.

                             KP-216-121-ST