[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Sat Oct 8 14:18:40 MST 2005

Jeremy McNamara a écrit :

> Paul wrote:
>
>> The patent owners would view locally compiled GPL asterisk and a GPL
>> fork of asterisk equally. If they permit me to buy codec licenses
>> from digium and use them with an asterisk that I have modified there
>> is no reason to prevent me from doing the same with a fork.
>

> You do not understand.  Only the copyright holder of the GPL software
> can allow non-gpl software to link with their GPL Licensed software.

This is complete nonsense. The end user can do /whatever he likes/ with
GPL software, /including linking it with commercial software/. The GPL
restrictions only apply to /redistribution rights/.

So openpbx could release a couple of handy scripts so that end users can
easily link the software with whatever they like and there would be no
infringement.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.