[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Ffork - OpenPBX.org

smbPBX smbpbx at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 07:09:53 MST 2005

On the heels of Astricon 05, I saw this thread on
voipuser.org<http://voipuser.org>forum
http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_3045.html.

And the news item on voip-info.org <http://voip-info.org>

2005-10-04 - OpenPBX.org <http://www.openpbx.org/> has emerged. A new fork
of Asterisk, without any dual licensing. Help
out!<http://www.openpbx.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=1>

>From reading the thread, it appears that the founder, mochouinard, is being
a bit secretive or he just dosn't have the answers!

I saw joomla fork out from mambo - a VERY popular contenet mamagement system
but all the informatio was up and up. Allthough, I must sya that the joomla
fork was in the planning for a long time and many originla developer team
moved to joomla.

Any thought from the business comminity?

--
Regards,

smbPBX