[Asterisk-biz] Very cheap IP GSM Gateway: Will this work?

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at ykoz.net
Mon Oct 3 09:56:41 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to work out a way to build a really cheap 24 port GSM
gateway. Currently this is the best way I've come across:

- Purchase 3 GSM-WT208 GSM Gateways with 8 x Analogue / GSM Channels
(Off http://www.discountcomms.co.uk/ - Approx. USD $1200)

- Purchase 1 RHINO Channel Bank off VoIPSupply.com (approx. $1800 for a
24 FXO channel bank)

- Purchase 1 cheapo Intel based PC with a Digium  Digium Wildcard T100P
<http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?cPath=99_103&products_id=37>
(approx. USD $1000)

Connect the PC to the Rhino, and the Rhino to the GSM gateways.
Total: $4000 plus shipping and tax (cheap!)

Do you guys think this might just work?

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.