[Asterisk-biz] Re: Voipjet prices are going up with almost no warning...

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 11:52:17 MST 2005

> To whom may be interested - Voipjet just increased the
> prices with almost no warning -
> They have a new Price list starting Sept 20 and just a
> small notice in the users area.....so probably one
> must chacjk their web site each day of week???

> The quality of Voipjet termination is good but
> customer support is bad. I am looking for other GOOD
> providers for West Europe (Austria, Italy, France,
> Germany, IAX or SIP/G729)- plese send your prices off
> list.

Firstly, if you are looking for wholesale termination (no retail/low volume)
then drop our sales team an email at sales at magrathea-telecom.co.uk and
they'll send you our latest wholesale rates. We switch TDM (no reselling of
VoIP routes) out of London so we are well placed to terminate your European
traffic.

However, given that the US Dollar is realigning closer to its more normal
position of 1 GBP = 1.6 USD and similar against the Euro, VoipJet may well
have been forced to increase its prices to European destinations for exactly
that reason - there may be nothing more to it than that. If so, then you
might find the same with other providers.

Linus
Magrathea