[Asterisk-biz] Clustering Solutions for Asterisk

Jon Carnes jonc at ftnc.net
Sun Oct 2 11:34:43 MST 2005

Paul,

If you don't load the drivers for the T-1 hardware then you should be
able to simply run a pass-through cable connecting to your second
server's T-1 hardware.  This will work on fail-over only if the primary
powers down - which you can do using a UPS that is intelligent.

I use a set of scripts that mirror the primary to a secondary and keep
the secondary up-to-date (within 24 hours of changes to the primary).

http://www.trilug.org/~jonc/Failover_scripts/

I've been using the same set of scripts for about 5 years. They work
fine for all my Master/Slave setups.

I'm new to the list, but we've been using Asterisk for corporate use for
over three years now.

Jon Carnes
FeatureTel