[Asterisk-biz] US e911 reminder

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Wed Nov 30 18:30:13 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 19:14 -0600, asterisk_help at iwishi.nu wrote:
> Ok, so this is/was my first ever filing with the FCC.
> I didn't realize how easy it is to do.
>
> For those of you interested in who has filed, you can search at:
> http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/comsrch_v2.cgi
>
> Just enter 05-196 in the 'Proceeding' search box.
>
> Plently of good examples for those of us who are late and consider
> ourselves VoIP service providers. FILE RIGHT NOW!!! Don't delay.

Make sure you qualify.  I would suggest reading the CFR and seeing if
you fall in the cracks or not.  Why file and take on responsibility if
you dont have to? :)

> Now I just hope the delay doesn't cost me the 11K they could charge per
> day. Right now that's about a years profits for me.

Normally (although they arent required to follow this) with a new thing
if people are late they dont penalize if they do it before getting
caught.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378