[Asterisk-biz] US e911 reminder

asterisk_help at iwishi.nu asterisk_help at iwishi.nu
Wed Nov 30 14:58:58 MST 2005

OK, So I missed the deadline. I'm franticly putting something together
right now. Does anyone have any example letters they might share with
us/me?

We are compliant in our local calling area only. We are using the PRI
lines our CLEC provides us with using dedicated channels for e911. Our
provider changed the switch so that the ISDN CPN is set as the ANI so that
the selective router will take the call to the right place. All installs
are tested within 30 days of service turn up. Any sooner and the database
updates may not be in place. The PSAPs go nuts when 'no record found' is
the result. Our CLEC gets an ass chewing for those.

Any advice?

We have just 44 paying customer accounts at the moment.
We did send the stickers and personally called each customer.
We also have our customers signature on a post card. I have two customers
who roam with their ATA devices often, so they're the difficult ones.
Would I really be expected to build circuits to 7000 PSAPs so two people
can roam the United States?