[Asterisk-biz] Advice on setting up calling card service

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 03:18:35 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 09:39 +0200, CC Asterisk wrote:
> Hi,
> We are planning on setting up a calling card service. We have arranged
> for very good termination rates for our destinations and we have a
> marketing group to sell the cards.
>
> However we are looking for a company that will provide us
> - local access DIDs in the NY/NJ area
> - a web based service that will  do everything we need to provide and
> manage the service and send traffic to the terminating gateway.
>
> Suggestions from  your experience is appreciated.
I am also interested in similar application for multiple small cybercafe
clients. Application is to be as follows:

A.
1. Direct VoIP dialling from Kiosks at Client premisis. Upon call
completion, a small invoice be printed.
2. Call details are recorded in the database.

B.
1. Our clients would provide a few incoming PSTN lines.
2. Customers will call-in and get a voice-prompt from the system.
3. Customer tone dials a n-digit pin number...caller-id of customer is
also verified, whenever available.
4. Customer is given dialtone/prompt for dialling the overseas VoIP
address or overseas PSTN number.
5. Upon call completion call details are recorded in the database & a
payment invoice generated/printed. System may be post-paid with cieling
or pre-paid.

System is to be built on an Intel platform, with Linux as OS. Any other
software to be used in addition to Astrisk is to be free libre/open
source.

We are also interested in Commercial Tie-up with a VoIP to PSTN provider
with very competitive international rates and all our clients (numbers
will grow slowly, but steadily) under our plan.

With best regards.
Sanjay.