[Asterisk-biz] Good Salespeople

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Nov 22 10:39:01 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 09:00 -0700, kelley g wrote:
> Steve Totaro wrote:
>
> >Also, do not underestimate SEO (Search Engine Optimization) especially
> >for a niche market like you mention.  Since you are focusing on radio,
> >be sure to optimize your site for keywords in the radio industry and
> >establish your knowledge of the industry in your content.
> >

> search engine optimization requirements are have changed and continue
> changing quite rapidly. you may find that these old school techniques
> are inadequate. you must have fresh content and active links into and
> out of your site. keywords are not much valued anymore by the search
> engines. what you will find is that the first sentences of several
> paragraphs are used instead.

I think what he meant was to be optimized for the words that people
would use to search, ie what you type into google.  Those keywords, not
necissarily the meta tag keywords or similar.  That is how I read it
anyway.

> you may initially get decent rankings using the above, but as your
> content gets stale you will drop in results listings.
>
> also, blog-type content is given different weight and, depending on the
> search engine,  can really generate  'word-of-mouth'  buzz.  google is
> behind the curve when it comes to capturing 'viral content',  try
> technorati.com to get an idea of how this works. this model is coming
> soon to the business side of things.

There are already professional bloggers, companies will pay in some
cases upto $80k/year for someone to just type up blog entries about
various products.  Because of that its going to be a battle between
spam-blogs and the search engines that index them.  Search engine
companies know that if you get results that are all spam you will go
elsewhere for your searching.  So they have a vested interest in trying
to filter it.

I think its too early to tell right now which way this will go, but
blogging in general is likely to cause small battles between the
bloggers and the search engines.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378