[Asterisk-biz] Need some advice..

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Nov 19 21:37:49 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 20:29 -0800, snacktime wrote:
> The more I think about it the more I like just having an 800 number
> our clients can call from any phone into our system.  Then once we
> have a few hundred using the service we might look at other options.
> They won't be spending much time in the voice menu anyways since most
> of the management functions can be done via a web interface.  Some
> voicemail checking, and using the voice menu to log into and out of
> queues if they don't have access to a web browser.

for cheaper (potentially) toll free clec.biz has $35/mo flat rate per
lata tollfrees.  $10/lata if you get 50 or more latas (which really
means that at about 15 latas you might as well goto 50).

You *must* use a clec not an ilec for the termination of the tollfree.
That clec must also be the resporg for the tollfree.  I think there are
billing games being played here but the guy I spoke to at clec.biz said
that it has never blown up (yet).

There are 209 latas in america, which means at $10/mo it would cost
$2090/mo for unlimited tollfree service that is callable from everywhere
in america.  That may be more expensive if you are looking at smaller
call volumes but prepaid calling services or whatever can see some
savings.  The bigger trick is to find a clec who will deliver voip in
all the locations that you want.  Commpartners comes to mind (I dont
know if they would do just this, their business model seems slightly
different but it doesnt hurt to ask).

Of course if you are looking at just local callers not national it can
be a lot cheaper than per minute, especially if you bill your customers
per minute for usage and have enough usage that its cheaper :)

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378