[Asterisk-biz] DIDX SERVICE

stotaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Nov 19 14:37:55 MST 2005

> OK - so I understand there was somethingabout spamming the list.I did
> not follow it, but more important - is DIDX a reliable service to work
> with??
> Any other good sources?

They did not spam this list.  The people spamming the list are complaining
about emails they have received after signing up at DIDx's website and
supplying their email addresses.  They have ten days to remove people from
their lists by law so I think all of the buzz here is bunk.  Especially
since it is my understanding that the emails were just blank, not even
selling anything (I don't know for sure because I never signed up with DIDx)

The problem with a service such as this is that DIDx is reselling or renting
other people's DIDs.  They cannot guarantee any service levels.  Maybe this
is OK for testing or personal use but I would not feel comfortable
publishing or relying on this or any other pure VoIP DID service unless real
TDM lines are outside of your budget.

VoIP providers are a risky proposition for incoming calls.  DIDx adds an
additional layer of risky-ness.

Thanks,
Steve