[Asterisk-biz] Who uses only VOIP for their business?

Matthew Simpson matthew at txlink.net
Wed Nov 16 16:36:38 MST 2005

>>I own a small call center and the implementation of VOIP has been a
>>nightmare. Since I operate 24/7 I tend to notice more than those of us
>>working 9-5 of system problems. I use Voicepulse Connect! Service and
>>their DID's have had problems everyday at the most crucial hour, usually
>>5pm. I have already lost customers do to this and it makes want to ask,
>>how many like me are out there. What steps has you taken to make your
>>VOIP solution for reliable. Server wise, Asterisk wise everything has
>>been great. It's these VOIP outages that kill me. If it's not about
>>calls that don't ring in, it's busy DID numbers or you cant dial out. I
>>don't want to point fingers at one company, but that's who I use. I use
>>another company and on my first day which was today! their DID's went
>>down for about 1 hour.

(snip Alex's reply)

All I can say is ditto.  Alex hit the nail on the head with each point.

:-)

One thing I'll add is find a good IP based Toll-free provider.  Usually
it won't cost much more than SIP DIDs and porting a toll-free number is
so much easier/faster than a regular DID if you get into hot water.

Plus if you're a RESPORG you can do 50/50 routing so even if one
provider goes down at least you get half your calls.... :-D