[Asterisk-biz] Looking for colocation

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Tue Nov 15 09:34:00 MST 2005

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:

> I'm looking for inexpensive (but not cheap) collocation in Birmingham
> AL or Atlanta GA.  I prefer bandwidth charges to be based on speed
> available (traffic shaping) rather than total data usage.  I'm not
> interested in the cheap ISPs that offer "unlimited bandwidth", since
> their bandwidth seems like it would have to be massively oversubscribed.

If you primarily need it for asterisk and voip traffic you can just get
a dedicated server from a provider that is voip-centric. You can ssh to
the server and install whatever you need. I know one provider that
offers rate-limited instead of bytes transferred is pilosoft.com and he
has some good pricing on dedicated servers. If you really need to have
your hardware in specific localities, I believe Atlanta has at least one
classy data center.