[Asterisk-biz] RE: Public HARDWARE Provisioning service

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Mon Nov 14 18:37:04 MST 2005

Silly NDA's is a problem I see.

You can overcome security issues in many ways. For example you could
generate a perl script that becomes a one-use tftp server. It would
prompt for things like username/secret or even read them from a local
file. This type of thing works well as long as the hardware
manufacturers and service providers don't start bullying you about
disclosing proprietary information. I disagree with them inn most cases
and doubt they have legal frounds, but free projects don't have money
for lawyers.