[Asterisk-biz] RE: Public HARDWARE Provisioning service

Bjorn Asmul bjorn at atlasvoice.com
Mon Nov 14 17:52:36 MST 2005

Even though such services would be very useful for a user, I still
question the security (and even the moral background) around it.
Especially if service providers will offer this.
It will open a whole can of worms with regards to storing sensitive data
from competing providers.
Essentially this would allow a provider of such service to store user
credentials from other/competing service providers.
I think these kind of services will pretty quick end up in most
providers "Terms of Service" as a no-no.
...unfortunately.

The option, of course, is to have a written contract between the
different providers, and limit the tool to only those providers.

-- Bjorn