[Asterisk-biz] Unified Message Platform

Angus Campbell acampbell at aegismanagement.net
Mon Nov 14 09:02:19 MST 2005

Hello
I have a group of entrepreneurs researching a new service offering in
the unified communications corner of the market.  I am looking for
system that would support the following:

-Voice Mail with e-mail delivery
-Auto-attendant
-Fax store and forward
-Conferencing & logging
-Hooks for Web-based end-user provisioning
-Web-based billing
- Support for both IP and PSTN traffic

There is obviously nothing by itself new or innovative on this list but
there are certain elements of our deployment that would make the project
unique.

I have been looking at "conventional" commercial telephony products but
am intrigued by the Asterisk route.  It might meet the need to be able
to start small  for purposes of product development and proof-of-concept
deployment (e.g. for investors), and scale to small carrier deployment
from there.  From monitoring this list for a while I also detect a lot
of creative talent here.  (A lot of other stuff too..heh.)

It would be a deployment targeted to North American markets.

Interested parties are invited to contact me off list.  Thank you.
--
Angus Campbell
*Aegis Reporting