[Asterisk-biz] Can anyone recommend a good billing software to interface with Asterisk?

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Fri Nov 11 10:56:43 MST 2005

Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Sergey Kuznetsov wrote:
>
>> Jeremy, read Cory's leaps =) If you can't I can help you. He asked
>> about billing software to *resell* as value-add.
>>

> At no point do i recommend buying a canned solution, especially for
> resell purposes.    Everyone has different ways of accomplishing the
> same goal.  A canned solution is going to force you to conform to a
> different mindset which in my experience will come back to haunt you
> someday.

Yes, this is not a highly generic need.

Here is a good example of gpl software with paid support available. It
is general accounting but the author of an open source billing app could
do the same and possibly wind up feeding himself and a few helpers from
the revenue.

http://www.sql-ledger.org/cgi-bin/nav.pl?page=misc/support.html&title=Support