[Asterisk-biz] 911 Stickers

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Nov 11 02:36:35 MST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 23:44 -0500, Justin B Newman wrote:
> The FCC states:
>
> [I]n order to ensure to the extent possible that the advisory is
> available to all potential users of an interconnected VoIP service,
> interconnected VoIP service provers shall distribute to all
> subscribers, both new and existing, warning stickers or other
> appropriate labels warning subscribers if E911 service may be limited
> or not available and instructing the subscriber to place them on and/
> or near the CPE used in conjunction with the interconnected VoIP
> service.
>
> Ultimately, each provider is on their own as to what kind of message
> they want to display on the sticker.  I suspect less than 1/2 of 1%
> of the stickers make it onto CPE.

I have 6 broadvoice stickers still on original wax paper to the highest
bidder :P

Needless to say I am not messing up my phone with that ugly orange waste
of postage.  Hmm..  maybe that is what it was all over, the post office
is going for rate hikes and this forces people to mail something to the
customer :)

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378