[Asterisk-biz] Other New VOIP Products from D-Link

Jon Carnes jonc at ftnc.net
Tue Nov 8 23:00:45 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 23:03, Cory Andrews wrote:
> D-Link has a few other VOIP related products set for release shortly.
>
> DI-102 - Intelligent packet prioritizer (QOS) device
> http://www.voipsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=1168

I've looked at the DI-102 before, but it doesn't appear to do any
bandwidth shaping, only prioritizing. What happens when you fill the
outbound Bandwidth by sending out a large email? Does it keep the Voice
traffic flowing while throttling the email?

We've been fairly happy with the Linksys WRT54G-S. It does bandwidth
shaping as well as prioritizing the Voice traffic - though sometimes we
have to set the data bandwidth manually. For residential DSL and Cable
connections Bandwidth shaping to reserve some bandwidth exclusively for
Voice seems to be much more effective than prioritizing the traffic.