[Asterisk-biz] New Linksys Products Shipping

Saul Diaz saul at cripiland.com
Tue Nov 8 15:33:49 MST 2005

Greg Boehnlein wrote:

>On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Jonathan k. Creasy wrote:
>

>>I should have been more clear. I was talking about the IP301 which
>>doesn't have a full-duplex speakerphone. (Something I can't really
>>understand)
>>

>Huh? The IP301 can't really be considered a Speaker Phone, as it has no
>microphone whatsoever. Full Duplex, Half Duplex don't apply when you have
>one way audio and no Microphone.
>
>The IP 500, 600, 501 and 601 have GREAT speakerphones, which far surpass
>the Cisco 7960 in quality and tonality. While Cisco may have licensed some
>technology from Polycom, their implementation of it pretty much sucks
>compared to the Soundpoint series.
>
>The new Linksys SPA-941 looks like an updated Sipura SPA-841 in a weird,
>hybrid Cisco/Sipura case. You now have the Cisco coloring and such..
>
>But...
>
>Sipura == Cisco now
>Linksys == Cisco now
>
>So.. who knows what is REALLY inside the thing? Maybe I'll get one,
>dissassmble it and post comparison pics against the Sipura SPA-841 and
>we'll see what is what..

That  will be definitelly nice too see. my guess they take the sipura as
it is with a few network improve from linksys.. and the voice license
from polycom...

but definitelly the polycom 601 sounds much better than a cisco 7960....
i never saw an speaker so powerfull... in a phone .... we have 2 of
those in a call center and u can CLEARLY hear from meters away.

i wish they were more cheaper :))

the snom 360 is a nice phone but the spearkerphone is way far from cisco
and polycom.

and grandstream well why talk about...

still cisco takes the sipura out of the callcenter i think.. 170.xx for
a phone that was 7x.... 841 was a good phone..... and cheap...

regards
SAul