[Asterisk-biz] New Linksys Products Shipping

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Nov 8 14:22:05 MST 2005

On Tue, 8 Nov 2005, Jonathan k. Creasy wrote:

> I should have been more clear. I was talking about the IP301 which
> doesn't have a full-duplex speakerphone. (Something I can't really
> understand)

Huh? The IP301 can't really be considered a Speaker Phone, as it has no
microphone whatsoever. Full Duplex, Half Duplex don't apply when you have
one way audio and no Microphone.

The IP 500, 600, 501 and 601 have GREAT speakerphones, which far surpass
the Cisco 7960 in quality and tonality. While Cisco may have licensed some
technology from Polycom, their implementation of it pretty much sucks
compared to the Soundpoint series.

The new Linksys SPA-941 looks like an updated Sipura SPA-841 in a weird,
hybrid Cisco/Sipura case. You now have the Cisco coloring and such..

But...

Sipura == Cisco now
Linksys == Cisco now

So.. who knows what is REALLY inside the thing? Maybe I'll get one,
dissassmble it and post comparison pics against the Sipura SPA-841 and
we'll see what is what..

                             KP-216-121-ST