Origination failover (Was: Re: [Asterisk-biz] Re: some things that really suck in customer suppor)t

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Mon Nov 7 08:49:02 MST 2005

asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 11/07/2005 09:03:20 AM:

> Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> > On Monday 07 November 2005 09:59, tmassey at obscorp.com wrote:
> >
> >>So what do you personally do?  Live with a single VoIP provider?  Use
> >>PSTN provider?
>
> If I remember correctly, nufone allows you to have a failover pstn
number to
> forward the DID to if your net goes down.

But that only helps you if they're able to receive the calls from the
PSTN.  It's the same as having redundant Internet connnections from a
single provider.  Better than nothing, but still not true redundancy.

Of course, I don't have redundancy from SBC, either.  But I don't get 5
9's from VoIP!

Tim Massey