[Asterisk-biz] some things that really suck in customer support

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Sun Nov 6 16:18:48 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>On Sunday 06 November 2005 17:45, Paul wrote:
>

>>When the phone system only says "No one is available to take your call.
>>Goodbye." it's clear which end has the biggest idiot.
>>

>Paul, your points have been made, several times over now.  You are free to use
>another service provider, but your dogged attacks and attempts to bash are
>tiresome.

Look at my words that you quoted above. Entirely valid. If the customer
can't talk to someone or leave a message it seems rather prejudicial to
label him as a likely idiot.

>My "attacks" against Jeremy are about his customer service practices, but I do
>recognize that his VOIP service works, and works exceptionally well.  My
>points in this thread are more of a "Why does the customer service have to
>suck?" rather than "Nufone sucks."

I never mentioned nufone in my original post and when somebody suggested
it was nufone I replied "I have accounts with several providers and more
than one of them is guilty of things I mentioned.". Jeremy jumped in
with his typical arrogant attitude after that.

>So please, Paul.  The horse is already dead.  If you're not going to be
>contructive then, please, leave.

Consider the first point in my original post:

"1) No trouble ticket system. I can install linux on an old machine and
have a good open source package like request tracker running in a few
hours. Is there some reason you can't do that? "

The non-idiot customer will use such a system because he knows it
usually works better than playing telephone tag. That is constructive
criticism.